Ok, so Facebook changes things constantly – which normally irritates the hell out of me. Change is scary, right? Anywho, due to the most recently change I happened to see something on my profile that I have no recollection of posting – a list of so called ‘Random’ things about myself, posted on February 2nd, 2009. I really don’t remember coming up with this list, and I found it quite entertaining to review.
Here for your reading pleasure, with a few Editor’s Notes along the way – 25 things I apparently wanted to share when I was 26
1. I participated in a Tetrathalon. Participated, did not complete. I got thrown off my horse and landed on a dressage fence.. the ‘helpful’ ambulance person tried to spray my thigh with Bactine, despite the fact that my skin was not remotely torn. (Editor’s note: This would have been a more surprising fact at the time, since back in ’09 you couldn’t pay me to run around the block let alone train for a Half Marathon)
2. Closed doors make me uncomfortable, but I’m not Claustrophobic.
3. I’m not entirely sure what my natural hair colour is.
4. My fingers and toes are not a matched pair – like the rest of me, they are uneven.
5. Despite popular opinion, my underwear drawer is not colour coordinated, its just really organized.
6. Loud noises make me irritable in small spaces. Steph and Lindsay’s infamous volume experiment proved this.
7. I really want a tattoo, know exactly what I want and where I want it, but I’m terrified to have it done. (Editor’s note: This has since happened, number two en route)
8. My ass is surprisingly not the largest in my family, not even close.
9. I love the shape of my fingernail beds, they remind me of my Grandmother.
10. If I was a boy, my name would have been Evan.
11. I am lazy in a way that almost scares me. (Editor’s Note: Ya.. don’t think this is really true anymore)
12. I love beaches and cruises but am terrified of large bodies of water.
13. Mass amounts of cheese makes me uncomfortable. If you have a theory, I’d love to hear it.
14. I’ve had my heart broken, but I’ve never been in love.
15. Nothing relaxes me more than napping with my cat, I actually think there are serious health benefits from this activity.
16. I have Rage blackouts… or maybe I just love that term. (Editor’s Note: Definitely the latter)
17. Popcorn and Frank’s Red Hot is my favourite snack. So what.
18. My compulsive social scheduling makes me miss spontaneous adventures.
19. I love shoes more than most people. My Mother calls me Imelda for a reason.
20. My obsession with all things animal print is starting to concern me. (Editor’s Note: Have since curbed this habit, but there is still plenty of animal print in my possession)
21. I might need eye surgery. This scares me more than being killed.
22. Every time I have a completely stupid or inappropriate thought I become paranoid that someone nearby is a mind reader.. and I start blushing.
23. My love for beer is overwhelming.
24. I despise Christmas music.
25. I am constantly over analyzing myself.
And keeping with the ‘when I was 26’ theme – my profile picture on Facebook at the time. I’m really not sure whats going on here!
26 Years Old? Surprising that I made it to 30.